Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recovering

About a week ago I had my tonsils removed.  They said it would be about 2 full weeks before I recovered (and absolutely no strenuous activity for those two weeks).  I thought they were exaggerating, turns out they weren't.  I still cannot talk, I'm just now starting to eat very small amounts of solid foods like mac and cheez and mashed tatoes.  I'm so hungry but it hurts so bad to swallow anything, I am taking pain meds that help somewhat but they make me dizzy and very sleepy, so I find myself sleeping most of the day and the rest of the day i sit on the couch unable to do anything around the house.  Thankfully I have my wonderful hubby to help with the house work (one of is most hated things) and the kids.  They just had their last day of school yesterday so that's one less thing he has to deal with while I'm stuck at home for another week.  I am planning a trip to WV on the first of June but if I'm not completely better by then I will have to wait a little longer before I can leave.  While the kids will be visiting family in WV for a few weeks I will try to post my first tutorial!  I will be sharing with you how to make a sock doll like they did in pioneer times.  I will share with you how to dye a tube sock with tea bags to get that "skin" color, I will not have any pics of this process though because I've already dyed all the socks I had for my sock dolls. Here are a couple of finished dolls without the bonnet.


 I hope you will join me.  Until next time!

No comments: