Thursday, May 6, 2010

The quilting journey begins

Now that you've survived the crash course of my life I thought we'd get to the good stuff.  QUILTS!  Oh, I love quilts!  I love the fabric and the stitched designs!  the fact that they've been around for thousands of years!  My grandmother taught me the joy of sewing when i was 8 years old.  It wasn't until i was 18 that i made my first quilt, and it was made only with the knowledge i had from my grandmother, it wasn't much to look at and when i look at it now it looks horrible!  The first pieced quilt i made was almost as bad, then i found a book that was VERY basic and i learned how to make a crib size patchwork quilt consisting of 5" squares.  After that I gained more experience and the few quilts i have made are looking so much better than the first ones!  My best work had to be the quilt I made for my mother.

It's definately the biggest quilt I have ever made!  So far anyway.  I have several quilts lining up to be made.  I'm not very "blog friendly" so once i figure out how to work this thing my blog will be better organized! 
Until next time!

No comments: