Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Origins

Good morning!  I thought i would begin by telling you all about me and my family and where we come from. 
I came from a small town, Sophia, West Virginia, graduated from Independence High School class of '99.  I moved to North Carolina for a while, then ended up in Suffolk, Virginia where i met my husband.  Once he got out of the Navy he found a job here in Newburgh at Alcoa Aluminum Plant.  We love it here in our lovely house with our three kids!  Last year we suffered a terrible loss, my mother died from cancer.  She was diagnosed in Dec 2008, and 3 months before her 50th birthday, on August 14, 2009 she died.  My sister, brother, grandmother, and my stepfather were there, I wasn't.  My 28th birthday was 7 days after she passed.  It has been almost a year and we are still breathing, the sun still comes up every morning, and life goes on, I really didn't think it would for a while.  It doesn't hurt so bad now when I think of her. 
As I said I have three kids, my son is 6, and my girls will be 11 and 12 this summer.  We've lived here for about a year and a half, and they are enjoying school.  I have an area in my home that is just for me, it is closed off to all the pets (9 total- 6 cats, 2 ferrets, and 1 dog), it is my craft room.  I love to be in there, to make, to create.  I do a little bit of almost everything, quilt, sew, crochet, to name a few.  I am on facebook and flickr, i have two favorite blogs that i follow, quiltville and crazy mom quilts, I've learned so much from them.  And that's me, that was like ripping a bandaid off.  I hope to make new friends in the quilting world, maybe that's you!  Stay tuned, more to come!!

No comments: